PAGES

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Can't wait until the end of the month

I intended to record the garden at the end of each month but there are so many things starting to flower and look good I want to share them now.  When you think these were 5 cm plug plants just two months ago it is astonishing what mother nature can do in a few weeks.


My ten pound hanging baskets from Dunbar are doing really well


This is just a supermarket house rose.  It looks as tough as old boots now its outside.


Shropshire Lad

Campanula

Some sweet peas from my daughter

Wollerton Old Hall

Erigeron

Dianthus deltoides

The sweet peas came out all white on this side of the garden

Coreopsis - looks lovely against the linum

Love this and new to me - Linum perenne - fabulous blue in real life

Have two of these climbers as it is one of my all time favourites - Passion Flower

Lots of rogue plants turned up with the plugs - just retrieved a nasturtium in hopes I might get something from it.  Got some tiny creamy violas scattered around the borders as escapees from other plugs.

I moved the beans from the silly veg bed - doing better in the sun.  We might actually get a meal from them.

Sadly these outgrew their space in the house, so maybe we'll get a couple of months out of them outside and then probably bin them when they die.  I hate binning healthy plants but I really have no where indoors for them.

Looks so much better in the flesh.  I have no idea what the camera sees that I don't.

Shropshire Lad

Again, the left border is looking really nice for a two month old baby; better than this photo suggests

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.