PAGES

Monday 21 May 2018

Spacing out the main body of plants

17th May 2018

I came up with a cunning plan for planting the main body of the borders which I would certainly do again if, God forbid, I ever had another large area to plant out.

Taking my trusty plastic rod, culled from one of the olive trees I bought, I crudely marked out six inch spaces along it. Apologies for inches and not centimetres, I have an old-fashioned brain that still visualises in inches.  Using this I 'planted' canes two feet apart to space out where each group of plants needed to go.  The cane was marking the centre of the group. 




So, eleven canes later I knew how the groups of plants would be spaced along the border


I then wrote the name of the plants for each group.  They would mostly be planted in three of a kind but occasionally just two and sometimes even one.


I then put these where I wanted my trusty helper to dig me a hole and fill with compost ready for planting.


Not much done but for me it was quite enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.